Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year- New Momma (kinda)

Welcome 2014! I think I am moderately excited about your arrival. Hard to tell though. For sure, this is going to be a year where I try and get my act together. The last year was such a mess of finishing my Ph.D., moving across the country, starting a new job (and trying to figure out how to teach my own classes) and buying our first house. So while it was an amazing year, I felt a little lost in it. Since having the little man, I have been going full tilt toward my grown-up life as a professor. Now that I've settled into that job (for the most part), I need to get my act together. Anyone who has been in grad school knows how busy it is and how you are forced to balance life and work and school. The new job however, is all on me. And my personal motivation is lacking right now. I feel like I just crashed. I am telling myself that a slight break is ok since I have been working crazy hard for so long but I know that 2014 needs to get back on track.

So how do I do it?? That's the hard part. Is it daily planning? Big picture planning? Total life revamp? Just don't know. Plus, I feel like I'm good at the planning but not the follow through. This year needs to be exercise! publishing! being a decent mommy! Maybe January I'll be a really good fitness individual and then switch in February. Or crappy at all three all the time (that's my MO right now). I have a grand plan of sitting down and planning out the next 30 days. Wonder how well that will work out....

No comments:

Post a Comment